|PROCESS OF HAND FABRICATION|
- It promotes creativity as design options are unlimited.
- It is able to exhibit the skill and work of each craftsman individually.
- It requires less cleaning and finishing.
- It is a very time consuming process.
- The cost of production is high.
- It is a laborious process.
|WAX TREE AND INVESTMENT|
|MELTING WAX IN FURNACE AND POURING METAL|
- It is relatively a quick way of making identical pieces. Thus, it is a time saving process.
- It turns out to be economical when many pieces are produced from the same mould.
- It provides unlimited design possibilities.
- Cast metal is less suitable for fine engraving because of porosity.
- It requires more cleaning and finishing than other methods.
- This process is helpful in creating costume jewelry.
- Electroformed pieces are able to exhibit fine details and minute engravings.
- Electroformed pieces dent easily. Once such pieces are dented or broken it is not possible to repair them.
- Cost of production is high due to expensive equipments.
- Electroformed jewelry is not suitable for stone mountings.
- Cost of production is low.
- It gives consistent quality and uniformity.
- Pieces produced require less cleaning and finishing.
- In this process design options are limited.
- It is not suitable for stone setting.