|ANGULAR GROWTH MARKS|
|COARSE BOEHMITE NEEDLES|
- Discoid fractures which result from expansion of crystals due to heat. These are tension fractures with a healing rim.
- Clouds formed by melting of rutile silk.
- Broken silk. (these give the appearance of dotted lines)
- Snowball inclusions caused by melting of crystals.
- Presence of gas bubbles
- Curved growth marks (curved striae)
- Somewhat an unnatural appearance (mainly uniform color)
|CURVED STRAIE AND GAS BUBBLES|
|SYNTHETIC FLUX RUBY|
|GLASS AND GARNET DOUBLET|
|SAPPHIRE AND SYNTHETIC RUBY DOUBLET|
|QUENCH CRACKLED QUARTZ|
|RED SYNTHETIC CUBIC ZIRCONIA|