- BIS Mark
- Fineness number corresponding to given Karats.
- Assaying & Hallmarking centre’s logo authorised by BIS
- Year of Marking represented by a code letter. For example letter ‘A’ denotes year 2000.
- BIS certified jeweller’s logo.
|FIVE ELEMENTS OF BIS HALLMARK|
- To protect the consumers against irregularity in gold quality.
- To promote gold exports by standardizing the product.
- To promote India as a leading gold market.
- Safeguards consumer interests.
- Promotes and helps maintain quality.